July 14-16, 2017
Over $625,500 paid out in 2016!
1. ENTRY FEE: $900.00 per boat on or before 5 PM on July 1st (after 5pm, July 1st: $1000.00). Maximum 6 anglers per boat. NO REFUNDS.
2. DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: Early registration must be received on or before 5 PM, July 1, 2016. Final registration will be held on Thursday, July 7, 2016 under tent at the Ocean City Fishing Center from 3pm - 7pm.
3. CAPTAIN'S MEETING: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 8pm at the Ocean City Fishing Center. At least one representative from each competing boat MUST be present.
4. TOURNAMENT DATES: July 8, 9 & 10. Boats may fish only 2 of the 3 days of this tournament. Boats must declare a Lay Day by filing An Official Lay Day Report in person at the Ocean City Fishing Center NO LATER THAN 10am OF THE LAY DAY - NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. FISHING HOURS: Start at 7:00am. (no lines in the water before). End at 3:00pm (all lines out of the water). Boats can leave either the Ocean City or Indian River Inlet. Boats cannot leave the Ocean City Sea Buoy beofer 4:00am, and no lines in the water until 7:00am.
6. BOUNDARY LINES: The boundary limit will be 100 nautical miles from the Ocean City sea buoy.
7. WEATHER: Captain's choice. Participants enter tournament at own risk and discretion and accept full responsibility for their boat, crew and anglers.
8. TACKLE AND BAIT: All tackle IGFA rules apply unless stated otherwise. NO CHUMMING, CHUNKING OR WIRE LINE ALLOWED. Eight lines per boat maximum. Spreader bar allowed, fire & spider lines permitted. No greensticks allowed.
9. TROLLING TOURNAMENT: Boat must stay in motion.
10. ELIGIBLE FISH AND AWARDS: Eligible species are BIG EYE (Thunnus Obesus), YELLOW FIN (Thunnus Albacores) and BLUE FIN (Thunnus Thynnus). Participants are eligible in two categories, but a competing boat can win in only one category. There will be three available category purses (prize money amounts) in each of the two categories. At least 60% of all entry fees collected will be divided into the six prize amounts. Fish must weigh a minimum of 30 pounds each.
11. WEIGHING IN: All fish entered into competition must be present to weigh in each day by 7:30pm EXCEPT FOR SUNDAY, JULY 10th, WHEN WEIGH-IN WILL CONCLUDE AT 7pm. Fish entered at weigh-in must be accompanied by an Official Catch Report. All fish must be weighed in by an Official Weighmaster at the designated scales to be eligible. In the event of weight ties in either category, this prize money will be divided equally between the tied participants regardless of the time of day caught. The weighmaster is the official time keeper of the tournament. Weight of fish will be rounded to the nearest full pound, with any amount reaching 1/2 pound and up being rounded upward to the next full pound amount. All boats are allowed only one weigh-in opportunity per day.
12. STRINGER FISH: Stringer fish may, in addition to the Ocean City Fishing Center, also be weighed in at Sunset Marina at Tournament's discretion based on number of participants. Decision to be made at captains meeting. All trophy fish must be weighed in at The Ocean City Fishing Center.
13. ALL VESSELS: All vessels must maintain 100 yards distance from any commercial boats
14. ANGLERS: Anglers are allowed to truck fish into the Ocean City Fishing Center. A captain and a mate can be counted as anglers as long as there are only 4 or less anglers onboard the vessel.
15. OTHER OFFICIAL RULES:
Decisions of the Tournament Committee as to winners shall be final. Any protest must be made in writing and must be presented at Tournament headquarters by 7pm on the day of allegation. Protests must be accompanied by a $250 deposit which will be refunded if the protest is upheld. Otherwise, the deposit will be forfeited.
Fish entered into competition are subject to a Tory Meter test. Winning anglers and crew members agree to submit to a polygraph.
Fishing by any one boat either day or partial day constitutes a tournament. If totally canceled by an ACT OF GOD or natural disaster, available purse monies will be added to the 2017 Ocean City Tuna Tournament. There will be NO REFUNDS.
All catches must be iced and maintained properly. No mutilated fish will be scored.
The Tournament and its sponsors are not responsible for the conduct, personal injury, damages or negligence on the part of any participant.
The Tournament reserves the right to inspect any boats entered in competition without notice.
The Tournament is held in compliance with any applicable laws governing the State of Maryland or the United States of America.
The Tournament Committee shall have the right to rule and decide on any dispute. Participants entering this Tournament agree that the decision of the Tournament Committee shall be final and binding in any matter requiring their action.
Questions? Email email@example.com